It's a hard life....

I’d like to apologise for the lack of blog writing on my behalf as of late, I actually don’t know why I have been so slack, as I don’t believe I have actually been very busy!  I have been trying to be more adventurous around Doha and on a mission to find more things to do, so for all you Doha goers who are at a loose end, here is what I have been up to recently...

If you have never been to Sky View bar at La Cigale… get yourself there now!  We have made it our new regular and often find ourselves indulging in a few cheeky cocktails.  Recommended by my friend Lauren Cavers, we now drink nothing other than a Passion Fruit Daiquiri, except when we have drunk the hotel dry of them, and have to resort to drinking the strawberry!  It is absolutely amazing.  If you find it on a menu – TRY IT!!!
 
They ran out of the passion fruit last time we were there! =(



One thing I have really missed since moving to the desert is camping.  But I have recently combined friendship groups and have spent the past few weekends camping and attempting to kite surf in Furwairit and at the Inland Sea. I have met some really amazing people and can't wait to do it more often!  So thank you Orlaith for introducing me to it!  Last week in particular was an amazing weekend. We all met down at Sealine in a convoy to drive along the coast.  It was a massive mistake that I was driving, having never driven on sand before, we spent more time digging me out of a sand pit before being engulfed by the incoming tide than actually convoying!  Subsequently, we had to spend the night in the middle of nowhere after being rescued by a group of lovely locals.  Spending more and more time at the beach also means that I have had to stock up on bikinis.  After having many compliments on my Tink Couture beauty, I ordered another.  If you have not read my previous blog please do here, and get ordering, they are fab! <3
My car did really well when someone else was driving it ha! Here it is dune bashing!!
In a bid to keep fit, I have also joined Fitness First in City Center Mall.  After much uming and ahring I finally made the leap, and have loved it so far.  I really don’t know why I have not joined before now!  The only down side is that there is no pool and that the gym is segregated, so no perving on the hot guys!  But I guess that’s a blessing in disguise as it means nobody of interest has to watch my unfit self, struggling to breathe on the cross trainer!  

Now… do you order clothes and fashion items online?  Do you live in Qatar?  Have you a number of items in your wardrobe that you have never worn?  If you have answered yes to these questions, which indeed I have, I have found the perfect Facebook site for you!  It’s in alliance with Fashion Rocks Qatar, hosted by the lovely Kellie Silva and is a fashion swap site.  I have put a number of items on there, and they have all been swept up!  It’s a great site if you want to get rid of any items, or indeed if you want to grab some bargains!  Check it out here
 
And lastly…. I have been preparing for my bestest friend in the whole wide world to come and visit me. She booked to come months ago, and it is finally getting closer!  She is arriving on the 10th and I cannot wait!! So I have lots of things planned, including a sneaky trip to Dubai, which was meant to be secret....but any one who knows me, knows that it wasn't going to remain a surprise for long. I am the worst person in the world for secrets!  I absolutely must take a million and one photos whilst she is here… so keep an eye out for that!

Let me know if you have any posts for me to read and blogs to follow, and if you have any tips for Qatari living, or even if you decide to try any of my tips!

Muchos love bloggers! x
post signature
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I absolutely love reading and responding to your comments, so please leave them! Don't forget the link to your blog as I would love to follow you back!

1 Comments:

  1. I admire your challenge, and I support that. It was a great experience that I want to explore

    http://www.superstrands.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Flickr Photostream


nastygal-logo Amazon-logo

Twitter Updates

Follow on Bloglovin
Instagram Twitter Facebook Pinterest LinkedIn ebay Amazon
INSTAGRAM


Meet The Author



Be an e-tailPR blogger